Agricultural soil across the world deteriorates in quality due to many human-induced activities such as farming, drilling, logging or accidental spills. Besides, many natural causes such as changes in water levels and landscape could be other possible reasons too. Once the soils get degraded, it’s no more productive. While farmers have started using calcium sulfate fertilizer in the form of agricultural-grade gypsum long back, however, it has managed to grab the attention of agriculturists in recent years. This resurgence is mainly due to the negative impact of chemical-based fertilizer on the soil when compared with organic fertilizer.
4 Striking Benefits of Gypsum as Calcium Sulfate Fertilizer
Check out the major benefits of Gypsum that you might have missed so far:
1. Gypsum is a rich source of calcium and sulfur that is a vital source of plant nutrition. Proper application of gypsum to soil supplies sufficient sulfur to it. On the other hand, calcium is readily absorbed by the roots of plants and stimulates its growth, thereby improves crop yield.
2. In addition to supplying sufficient calcium and sulfur to agricultural soil, agricultural-grade Gypsum such as Calci Soil and others can also increase its nutrient value.
3. Agricultural gypsum enhances soil structure, increases infiltration and aeration and decreases soil erosion and nutrient runoff.
4. Being a secondary micronutrient, both calcium and sulfur are responsible for overall plants’ growth conditions.
Role of Calcium Sulfate Fertilizer – Responsible for Changing Non-Productive Soil to Productive
- Without sufficient calcium, root development and nutrient uptake will become slow. Thus, high-quality Gypsum when used as a nutrient, it increases its uptake.
- Calcium improves many plant functionalities such as soil wall development, enzyme activity, cell division, nitrate metabolism & uptake and starch metabolism. Thus, its use is beneficial for the soil.
- For proper growth and development of tuber and fruit, sufficient calcium is a must. When Calcium Sulfate Fertilizer is applied, calcium present in it moves slowly internally so that it is readily available to roots.
- Being easily soluble in water, best-quality CalciSoil Calcium Sulfate Fertilizer is easy to reach to entire parts of roots uniformly.
- Due to the decreased level of sulfur in the soil, the plant’s growth is affected to a large extent. High-Quality gypsum when applied to the lawn, garden and other agricultural lands, serves as an excellent source for plant nutrition and thus, improves crop yield.
- Calcium sulfate fertilizer as gypsum is widely accepted owing to its qualities such as water-soluble, readily available and a cost-effective solution.
Next time if you head out to look for options to turn your degraded agricultural soils to productive again, consider calcium sulfate fertilizer. It will provide much-needed sulfur, calcium and other vital nutrients to soils without deteriorating its quality.